2. Who should you talk to if you think your child needs extra help or support?

If you bring your child to school or can come to the school, your child’s class teacher will probably be the best first point of contact. Please make an arrangement to talk to them about your concern.  The start of the school day may not be a ‘good’ time and you may want to speak somewhere more private than the classroom, so just arrange a time and place with the teacher to suit you both. If you cannot come to school, you can ring the school and speak to the secretary to arrange an appointment with your child's class teacher (which could be in person or by telephone if you prefer). You could also approach the Assistant Head (Inclusion) who has responsibility for all children with AN in the school.  The Assistant Head (Inclusion) hosts a drop-in session on Monday mornings at the Castle Community Hub buildings attached to the school between 8.30 and 9.15am during term time for any parent who wishes to discuss their child’s needs.  The Assistant Head (Inclusion) is also supported by an Assistant Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (“SENCo”).  The roles and responsibilities of the Assistant Head (Inclusion), the Assistant SENCo, the Governing Body, Head teacher and class teachers are set out in Appendix 2.


Headfield Road, Huddersfield, HD4 6LU

01484 226834