Wolves is our year 3 class. Mrs Ali and Miss McLeod are the class teachers. Miss McLeod works Monday to Wednesday and Mrs Ali works Wednesday to Friday. They are supported by Teaching Assistants Miss Gill and Miss Rose. There are twenty nine children in Wolves class aged from seven to eight years.
In Wolves class, the morning session starts at 9.00am until 12.15pm and the afternoon session starts at 1.00pm and finishes at 3.15pm.
In a morning, the children are taught the core subjects of English and Maths. During these sessions, the children can work either as a whole class, in small groups, or 1-1 with an adult.
During the afternoon session, the children undertake topic related work which covers subjects such as history, geography, science, PE, music and art. These topics change either on a half-termly or termly basis.
PE sessions and library sessions take place on the following days:
Wolves: PE is on Tuesday and Wednesday.
All children need to bring a PE kit including a plain white t-shirt, dark coloured shorts and pumps or trainers on these days. Children use the library time to change their home lending books and do research for their topic work.
Homework is given out on Fridays and should be completed and returned by the following Tuesday. Homework includes a list of spellings to be learnt and either an English or Maths activity. Children are expected to read at home each evening and should return their home reading diary on a regular basis so that it can be monitored by the class teacher.
The children in years 3 and 4 have regular educational visits which vary according to the topic being studied.
Reading basic skills:
- Read age appropriate texts with developing fluency.
- Accurately read the GPCs from phase 4, including alternative sounds.
- Accurately read words 1 - 10 taken from the year 3 / 4 list.
- Read age appropriate texts fluently.
- Revise 20 - 40 words taken from the year 3 / 4 list.
- Accurately read the GPCs from phase 5, including alternative sounds.
- Introduce accurately reading
- words 41 - 50 taken from the year 3 / 4 list.
Punctuation basic skills:
- We can use capital letters and full stops accurately.
- We can use exclamation marks, question marks and commas in lists.
- We can accurately use capital letters and full stops.
- We can accurately use exclamation marks and question marks.
- We can accurately use commas in lists and apostrophes for contractions.
- We can accurately use apostrophes for singular possession.
- We can accurately use inverted commas for speech.
Maths basic skills:
- Count in multiples of 8 forwards and backwards.
- Count in 100s forwards and backwards.
- Recall complements to 60.
- Recall facts for 4 times table.
- Count in multiples of 7 forwards and backwards
- Count forwards and backwards in 25s , ¼s, 0.25s
- Recall facts for 9 times table